Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jeremiah’s Room Renovation: Day 5-8

So on Friday I had a girls night planned with my sis and friends…while I was gone Billy’s dad came over to help him tear up the floor…and I came home to this!!!

 DSCN8119  DSCN8120

oh and isn’t this just lovely…

DSCN8121

yeah..that’s a wall….with no support underneath it.  I mean seriously…who built this house?!?!  Anyways, on with the project.  So Billy and his dad took out all of the flooring and installed new subfloor in…

DSCN8130

isn’t it pretty!  Friday after work Billy went and checked out another flooring store here in town and found a great deal on some hardwood flooring that’s spill-proof and stain proof…perfect for a kids room!

DSCN8122    DSCN8124

and yes that is Jeremiah’s door leaning on the wall there…I love this hardwood flooring!  Of course over Skype, Jeremiah noticed right away it wasn’t the same shade of wood as the one he picked out…Here’s the new floor, almost done!

DSCN8138  DSCN8142

That’s what they did over the weekend…Yesterday (Day 8) I painted the walls with the primer, and I gotta admit, I kinda like the darker gray better!

DSCN8143      DSCN8145

that’s what I could reach without a step stool..but I got one and finished it…

DSCN8146  DSCN8147

we left a little bit of room at the top for the white crown molding to fit in and so we don’t paint the ceiling!  I also painted inside of the closet. 

So today..Day 9 I am drawing up a closet design for us to use so I can go get all that stuff..plus ordering a rug and other miscellaneous things online.  Not that Jeremiah isn’t spoiled enough already…we decided to do away with his 19” LCD tv and give him our 32” LCD from our bedroom since we don’t use it anyways (plus we want a bigger one for the living room and the current living room tv will then go in our room). 

to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment